Sunday, September 8, 2024

Funny day and Age

I just read an article about a woman's husband being charged with Rape. They had separated and were living apart at the time.

Made me think of trying to say my estranged husband raped me way back in Texas. They said, "Well, Honey, you are still his wife..."

Funny times.

In 1996 the police came to investigate a "disturbance" at my apartment. The X had forced his way in and beaten me. My glasses were broke in the center, both eyes were black and I had lumps and bruised all over. (Not a mark on him, this was before I started fighting back.) The Pasadena Texas Police officer sighed exaggeratedly and said, "Mam we can't do anything unless he shoots or stabs you. Did that happen?? Well, then we gotta get back out there! Y'all keep it cool, hear?"

I am a fan of #Me To with very few reservations. It has done far more good than harm. These funny incidents were a long time before the MeTo era.

What the hell took it so long??????

I remember severe sexual harassment at work and just everywhere. 

But oh my favorite Funny Story.

My X once beat n3 with a closet pole in the bathroom so I could watch myself die in the mirror.    Any how. 

My next memory is being in a hospital bed, somewhere a south of Houston hospital? Whereever. My then family doctor,  Dr. Spak did my morning rounds. He told me that I had 23 lesions all over my skull


No comments: