Saturday, June 2, 2007

Waiting

I hate waiting for people to show up. I hate waiting for anything. but I especially hate waiting on people who are late and don't call or anything. It drives me nuts because you always have to deal with that touch of guilt for getting pissed as you think Oh my! Something might have happened to them! And then my own reaction when they finally do show up infuriates me. I say something stupid and dismissive like, Oh, that's OK., I knew you would show up eventually! Just once I'd like to feel right to greet them with a shotgun, not be here, or at least tell them what a pain in the ass it was waiting for them. Yea... I'm waiting on someone right now with an impatient five year old who has been waiting all day for Daddy to pick her up and he is two and a half hours late. Not only am I answering When will Daddy get here? every two minutes, again just now!, but I had a big shopping trip planned as well a a visit to one of my daughters after shopping which I will be late for but I have already called her and warned her. His cell phone rings four times and goes to voice mail or rings twice and goes to voice mail. No other choice and I'm too polite to leave more than one message. What if something horrific has happened to him? There he will be in the hospital getting both legs amputated and my rude, impatient, fed up, messages will be floating out here for him to get when he is well enough. Or will I just leave and take little Jessalynn with me shopping in about five more minutes???
I'm getting my shoes on.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey, Rhoda,

Bset is to give people the "academic" quarter and a bit more, but cease the useless wait for hours ...

After all, is a matter of politness to say "I`ll be late, please wait.."