Saturday, March 17, 2007

A Lost Day

Jami called at three this morning and since I had transportation I was able to go to her. It was pitiful. She would say good by and then I would wait and say her name and she would still be there until she finally said, "Please come get me."
We got there and she and Kirk were arguing but also obviously coming down hard from too many days of Meth. Jami was packing three little bags over and over while Kirk wandered around the house just going through drawers and boxes of stuff. Jami was crying and Kirk was looking like he'd like to and I started trying to talk to both of them a little bit between their bitter comments to each other. When I noticed Kirk looking just exhausted I said, "Look, Kirk, you're falling asleep. Let me clear the bed off for you." and the three of us cleared the ed and Kirk Laid down and then Jami laid next to him talking softly and when I saw his arm come up around her I knew I was leaving her there with him. Even if I took her home with me she would want to come right back. Jeremy and I left and got home right before sunrise. We slept until noon and then I continued to sleep the rest of the day way. The first day having transportation since before Christmas!!! But there is a reason that I pamper these two like this. I know enough about what they are going through to not want to know what I don't know! Their drug addiction is a constant source of friction with them as well as something they are total partners in. Jami depends on these drugs to block out the pain of all she has done for the ten years she's been addicted to Meth and now heroin, too. Then after ten years Jami tested clean for IV transmissable diseases while serving a year in Jail and she was out twenty days when they both started breaking out in 'spider bites', CA MRSA. Jami blames Kirk for getting and giving it to her and when I told him not to feel so guilty, that it could have happened through close contact in jail or something, but he said, No, I know I gave it to her. Then there was her being pregnant and then miscarrying and all of this while she is strongly bipolar without proper medication and you have a hell of a mess. They fought just like always during her short pregnancy, so badly that her father called the police finally to break it up even at the risk of them going to jail for the drugs. They have fought much less since then but I'm sure the fighting was blamed for the loss of the baby now and they could both be blamed for a Lot of that. Jami will attack a man and fight him regardless of size and the men she has been with can either fight back or run or get beat up. I tell Kirk to run and stay away a while but he doesn't always listen.
I just can't take these late nights more than one at a time and even one can do me in! Here's to a productive day tomorrow!!

1 comment:

joy said...

That sounds awful, and so familiar...